Process and Policies
Come Visit Us
Fairhill School offers rolling admissions and students are accepted based on available space throughout the year. Enrollment opens in February for the following fall semester. We offer on-site visits and tours, as well as an opportunity to participate in our Admissions Preview Coffee with leadership and staff.
Our Admission Process
Appropriate placement for each applicant is Fairhill’s first concern. Admission is based on information gathered from review of psycho-educational testing and academic records, followed by personal interviews with parents and the student.
Fairhill is an independent non-sectarian, co-educational institution open to qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex, age, ethnicity, national origin, religion, or disability. The Fairhill family is a diverse group of individuals dedicated to a common goal: providing a supportive atmosphere where learning different students have the opportunity to thrive.
Our Admission Policy
The procedure for admittance and the required supplementary materials are outlined below.
- Complete an online application along with a $125.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Upload diagnostic evaluation reports within the application. Include psychological, neurological, educational, or other accepted means of individual measure of general cognitive function and academic achievement, such as WISC-III and WAIS-III and sub-test scaled scores, if applicable. The test results must be within 3 years of the date of application.
- Submit School records:
- Report cards for elementary/middle school students
- Official transcript for high school students
- Teacher recommendations (included in the application)
- Attend parent interview
- Applicants who are viewed as suitable candidates for Fairhill School are then scheduled for a student interview, an admission screening, and a class visitation day.
Fairhill School accepts diagnostic testing from a variety of doctors, therapists, and educators. If your child needs updated testing, Fairhill School’s Director of Psychological Services can provide a list of local diagnosticians and providers, upon request.
We're Here For You
Here at Fairhill, we are educators with a shared mission to cultivate an inclusive learning environment for students with learning differences. That environment gives the student a safe place to learn how to embrace and grow into young adults that will participate in their community. We're here and look forward to meeting you and sharing your time as you get to know Fairhill.
More About Fairhill
The friends that I made during high school are still my friends to this day. We could relate to one another because we all had different learning disabilities and that was “normal”. I didn’t feel like an outcast at school like I use to before.
Fairhill family for 6 years